2021 Editorial Calendar*
Our editorial philosophy is focused on helping industry professionals do their jobs more effectively, efficiently and profitably by providing a balance of business-and technical-related content.
Additionally, our magazine is distributed at AAHOA’s 28+ regional events throughout the year!
*Editorial Calendar is tentative and subject to change.
The Hotel Industry During COVID-19
- Mergers and acquisitions: A success story from 2020 (The Witness Group and Hotel Equities partnership)
- Data about the current market and how hoteliers can set themselves up for success
Content deadline: November 11, 2020
Materials deadline: November 6, 2020
Ships: December 2020
- New housekeeping/sanitization expectations from guests after COVID
- What do the hoteliers say? What hoteliers expect from guests after COVID.
Content deadline: December 7, 2020
Materials deadline: December 7, 2020
Ships: January 2021
The Independent Hoteliers Issue
- Steps for independent hoteliers to take for financial success
- Planning for the future: What have independent hoteliers learned from COVID-19 and how will they implement those lessons going forward?
Content deadline: December 29, 2020
Materials deadline: January 5, 2021
Ships: February 2021
The Diversity Issue
- Women of AAHOA
- The new industry: Women leaders across the hotel industry
- Managing diversity in your properties: What does diversity mean? Who have you recruited? What can each person bring to the table?
- Today’s Hotelier round table
Content Deadline: January 26, 2021
Materials deadline: February 3, 2021
Ships: March 2021
The Security Issue
- Opt-in housekeeping considerations
- Addressing tense situations with guests/employees
Content deadline: February 23, 2021
Materials deadline: March 3, 2021
Ships: April 2021
The Tech Issue
- How COVID-19 has shaped tech in the industry: Touchless payments, guests using apps, room access, social distancing communication with guest, etc.
- Using tech to assist humans
- Meet Vinay Patel
- Meet your 2021-2022 AAHOA Officers
Content deadline: March 23, 2021
Materials deadline: April 7, 2021
Ships: May 2021
The Future of the Hotel Industry
- Next generation guidance from the young professional hoteliers of AAHOA
- Professional development in hospitality
- How did COVID-19 affect the ADA?
Content dealdine: April 20, 2021
Materials deadline: May 7, 2021
Ships: June 2021
The Convention Issue
- AAHOA fights for hoteliers on the Hill: How AAHOA helped influence legislation to help hoteliers battle COVID-19
- Behind the scenes: Leadership from the Chairman and President & CEO during the pandemic
- Hoteliers establishing relationships with local officials
- Political engagement by hoteliers on the local, state, and federal levels
- AAHOACON21: August 3-6, Dallas, TX
Content deadline: May 18, 2021
Materials deadline: June 9, 2021
Ships: July 2021
The Leadership Issue
- Back to the basics: What are the new basics in the industry after COVID-19? How have things like hiring, technology, operations, etc., changed since COVID-19?
- AAHOA scholarship recipients: Investing in the future of hospitality
- How successful hoteliers managed COVID- 19
- AAHOA award winners
Content deadline: June 15, 2021
Materials deadline: July 13, 2021
Ships: August 2021
The Marketing Issue
- How to market the safety/sanitization precautions in your properties
- Marketing tools every hotelier should have: Analytics, surveys, reputation management, etc.
- Marketing to domestic and local travelers
Content deadline: July 13, 2021
Materials deadline: August 11, 2021
Ships: September 2021
The Advocacy Issue
- Human trafficking update: What do the numbers say now?
- Hotelier Perspective: What AAHOA advocacy means to me
- LAS recap: AAHOA administration & policy outreach
- Diwali Issue
Content deadline: August 10, 2021
Materials deadline: September 8, 2021
Ships: October 2021
The Money Issue
- Industry year in review: Check in with those who acquired during the year
- Recovery check in: Where we are in 2021 vs. what we expected- side by side comparison outlook, what has changed; direct comparison to January 2021.
Content deadline: September 7, 2021
Materials deadline: October 7, 2021
Ships: November 2021