2022 Editorial Calendar*
Our editorial philosophy is focused on helping industry professionals do their jobs more effectively, efficiently and profitably by providing a balance of business-and technical-related content.
Additionally, our magazine is distributed at AAHOA’s 28+ regional events throughout the year!
*Editorial Calendar is tentative and subject to change.
- Why are workers slow to return to the industry, and what can hoteliers do to address the problem?
- What is the importance of creating a plan for career growth/continuity with a hotel?
- Creative labor solutions
- ALIS (Jan 24-26, 2022)
Content deadline: October 25, 2021
Materials deadline: October 27, 2021
Ships: December 2021
- Is it better for a hotel to be on the bleeding edge of technology adoption or wait and see what works elsewhere first?
- What can hoteliers expect, in terms of new technologies, in the coming years?
- Technology that helps your bottom line
- Radisson Annual Convention (Feb. 21-24, 2022) / G6
Content deadline: December 12, 2021
Materials deadline: December 10, 2021
Ships: January 2022
- Two years after the pandemic first gripped the globe, how is the industry doing? Better than expected? Worse?
- What lessons have hoteliers learned during the pandemic that might be applied to a future downturn?
- The current and future state of business travel. Are current levels the new normal?
- Hunter Conference (March 22-24, 2022)
Content deadline: January 12, 2022
Materials deadline: January 12, 2022
Ships: February 2022
- How has AAHOA evolved during the pandemic? (Explaining the changes in staffing and their importance from a strategic point of view)
- AAHOA new website and technology offerings. Improving the member experience and providing value to members.
- How important is it to network at industry events? Do significant deals really happen on a show floor or at a reception?
- AAHOACON22 (April 12-15, 2022)
Content Deadline: February 9, 2022
Materials deadline: February 9, 2022
Ships: March 2022
- How can hoteliers be leaders? Who is already doing it well? What can hoteliers learn from accomplished leaders in other industries?
- An interview with the new AAHOA Board of Directors (AAHOA Leadership)
- What are the pros and cons of different leadership styles?
- AHLA ForWard (May 10-12, 2022)
Content deadline: March 10, 2022
Materials deadline: March 10, 2022
Ships: April 2022
- How does AAHOA advocate for franchises? What has AAHOA accomplished since the beginning of the pandemic?
- How can hoteliers cultivate a better relationship between brand and franchisee?
- What are the red flags when choosing a brand relationship? Q&A w/ brand CEOs
- HITEC (June 27-30, 2022)
Content deadline: April 8, 2022
Materials deadline: April 8, 2022
Ships: May 2022
- What are hoteliers doing to ensure workers’ skills aren’t stagnating, with the goal of improving hotel performance?
- How can hoteliers identify, attract, retain, and promote top performers?
- A profile of several past AAHOA scholarship winners
- ALIS Summer Updates (NYC: July 12, 2022)
Content deadline: May 10, 2022
Materials deadline: May 10, 2022
Ships: June 2022
- How have the most successful hotels maximized revenue potential in an predictable market?
- What technological solutions are available for hoteliers to manage revenue and make better fiscal projections?
- Even in the midst of an unpredictable economy, how can hoteliers utilize data/metrics/etc. to forecast future trends and needs?
Content deadline: June 9, 2022
Materials deadline: June 9, 2022
Ships: July 2022
- How have guest preferences evolved since 2019?
- How to elevate the guest experience without affecting your bottom line.
- Balancing brand standards with the guest experience.
- The Lodging Conference (Sept 19-22, 2022)
Content deadline: July, 11, 2022
Materials deadline: July 11, 2022
Ships: August 2022
- What are AAHOA’s recent/current/future political goals?
- Common Ground recap: How to cultivate meaningful relationships with and gain the support of federal and state legislators.
- How does AAHOA determine its political advocacy priorities?
- Latino Hotel Association Conference (Oct. 11-12, 2022)
Content deadline: August 12, 2022
Materials deadline: August 12, 2022
Ships: September 2022
- How can you make the most of your AAHOA membership? (Tie in w/ vendor directory launch)
- Member testimonials: Event attendance, successful partnerships with fellow members, etc.
- What is AAHOA’s role in guiding members and for shaping their experience within the industry?
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
Content deadline: September 9, 2022
Materials deadline: September 9, 2022
Ships: October 2022
- What can hoteliers do to prepare for slowdowns and periods of uncertainty?
- What do the experts say? Looking into 2023 and beyond.
- New revenue streams? What are hotels doing to diversify how they make money?
Content deadline: October 11, 2022
Materials deadline: October 11, 2022
Ships: November 2022