2020 Content Planner*
Our editorial philosophy is focused on helping industry professionals do their jobs more effectively, efficiently and profitably by providing a balance of business-and technical-related content.
Additionally, our magazine is distributed at AAHOA’s 28+ regional events throughout the year!
*Editorial Calendar is tentative and subject to change.
Looking to the Future
- What the data says: Data about the current market, what to expect, accompanied by infographic.
- Hotel ownership at different stages: Your first hotel vs. your tenth
- Market trends: Economy as a recession-proof segment
- The Americas Lodging Investment Summit
(ALIS) Law Conference
- Hotel, Motel, Restaurant Supply Show of the Southeast (HMRSSS)
Materials deadline: November 1, 2019
Ships: December 2019
Brand Standards Issue
- Food & beverage as a branding opportunity
- How brand standards are developed for technology
- Dual branding: When to combine resources
- BLLA: Stay Boutique Life – The Trifecta
Materials deadline: November 27, 2019
Ships: January 2020
Independent Hoteliers Issue
- Going it your own: Building your own brand as an independent hotelier
- How to keep up profits: How to get in touch with construction companies, getting government contracts
- How independent hoteliers can establish media/marketing contacts
- California Lodging Investment Conference
- Hunter Hotel Conference
Materials deadline: January 8, 2020
Ships: February 2020
Covention Issue/Generations Issue
- AAHOA young professional hoteliers doing great things in the hospitality industry and their communities
- Millennials vs. Gen Z travelers: Often thrown together, but how do they differ?
- What’s next? First, millennials “killed” industries; what is Gen Z going to change in hospitality?
- Forecasting the demands of the traveler 5 years from now; what can we learn from previous years?
- 2020 AAHOA Convention
- The Radisson Brand Conference New Jersey Restaurant & Hospitality Expo
- My Place Convention
Materials deadline: February 7, 2020
Ships: March 2020
Building & Architecture Issue
- Interview with AAHOA Chairman Biran Patel
- What event planners are looking for in an event space
- Utilizing rooftop space
- Choosing the right location: using industry reports to find the best spot for your hotel
- Choice Hotels Annual Convention HD Expo
Materials deadline: March 4, 2020
Ships: April 2020
- AI, VR & AR: What are they and where should you use them?
- Wifi vs 5G: Is 5G needed now? What should you implement in your hotels?
- Using tech to assist humans
- Meet the Bright Innovations Award Winner
- NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference
- BLLA: Boutique Hotel Investment Conference
Materials deadline: April 2, 2020
Ships: May 2020
- Disabilities beyond the physical
- Accessibility training for employees
- Veterans: Serving those who have served our country
Materials deadline: May 1, 2020
Ships: June 2020
- Meet your 2020-2021 AAHOA Officers
- Guest privacy vs. personalization
- Combating turnover: Keeping your employees safe
- Hotel Data Conference
- G6 Conference
Materials deadline: June 4, 2020
Ships: July 2020
Back to School Issue
- AAHOA scholarship recipients: investing in the future of the hospitality industry
- Back to the basics: the value of training refreshers at all levels of employment
- Tips from veteran hoteliers to new hoteliers and advice from new hoteliers to veteran hoteliers
- Red Roof Brand
- Conference Lodging
- Conference Wyndham Conference
Materials deadline: July 6, 2019
Ships: August 2020
- Lobby or guest room: where do guests spend their time, where should you spend your money?
- Beyond the Lobby: Using common spaces to connect guests
- Functionality and design: Finding the happy medium
- Best Western Conference
Materials deadline: August 10, 2020
Ships: September 2020
- Hoteliers building relationships with local officials and how it helps bottom line
- AAHOA on the Hill – What AAHOA is doing in DC to help hoteliers
- Human trafficking update: What do the numbers say now?
- Hotelier Perspective: What AAHOA advocacy means to me
- HX Conference
Materials deadline: September 3, 2020
Ships: October 2020
- Portfolios: Should you acquire more properties or hone in on what you have?
- Addressing labor: What does it take to attract and retain the best?
- What do investors want when deciding to invest in a pro
- RLH Corp Conference
Materials deadline: October 5, 2020
Ships: November 2020