North America: 165,000+
of IEEE Members are involved with purchasing or specifying decisions for their organizations.
of members are involved with hard-to-penetrate vendor decision teams, usually in management capacity
of readers report that they indicate specific brands when specifying or recommending products or components.
- Advanced Automation Corp
- Cisco Systems
- Duke Energy
- Ford Motor Company
- FuelCell Energy Inc.
- GE Energy
- Gulf States Engineering
- Jacobs Engineering
- Kennedy Space Center
- Marvell Semiconductor
- Qualcomm Technologies
Asia/Pacific Rim: 31.7%
Europe/Africa/Middle East: 17.2%
Rest of World: 0.3%
IEEE Publishes One Third of the World’s Technical Content: IEEE Members both contribute to and utilize millions of IEEE-published scientific and technical documents in a wide variety of fields. They identify and develop primary focus technologies such as 5G, LTE and more for their research in product design and standards development.
Members’ Technical Interests
AN ENGAGED AUDIENCE:
Spectrum readers are early adopters of new approaches and technologies that apply to the engineering efforts. More than 400,000 subscribers use the content in IEEE Spectrum’s suite of media proactively – to help form opinions and make decisions, and as reference for projects and discussions with colleagues.
average over 2 million monthly impressions
ieee.Spectrum.org gets an average 1.5 million page views monthly
are sent to over 1.8 million subscribers, weekly, biweekly, and monthly
read all or most issues front to back
take action based on ads in the publication and on the website..
of readers say the advertising in IEEE Spectrum educations and is an important part of the publication
of readers say companies who advertise in IEEE Spectrum are seen as a reliable source
of readers report an advertisement within IEEE Spectrum is more likely to be given consideration than direct vendor solicitation
Our focused publications make it easy for you to support specific marketing initiatives and build awareness among a highly engaged audience of decision makers who use e-newsletters as a key resource when comparing and evaluating suppliers.
2021 American Business Media Neal Awards
- Grand Neal Award
- Best Media Brand (Oct 2020, “A Special Report: The Next Pandemic”)
- Best Single Issue (May 2020, “Over a Barrel”)
- Best Single Article (May 2020, Maria Callucci and Jean Kumagai for “What to Do with 177 Tanks of Radioactive Sludge”)
- Best COVID-Related Package (Oct 2020, “A Special Report: The Next Pandemic”)
- Best News Coverage (Eliza Strickland for COVID reporting)
- Best Art Direction for a Cover (Feb 2020, Mark Montgomery for “Black Hole”)
*Spectrum has now won the Grand Neal a total of five times, the most times any publication has ever received the award.
2020 American Business Media Neal Awards
- Best Media Brand (4-Time Winner)
- (4th-Time) Grand Neal: IEEE Spectrum Magazine, “Project Moon Base“Grand Neal Award (July 2019 issue, Project Moonbase)
- Best Media Brand ($7,000,000+ revenue category): Gold
- Best Single Article ($7,000,000+ revenue category):
- Best Subject-Related Package ($7,000,000+ revenue
- 2020 McAllister Fellow: Eliza Strickland, Senior Editor,
2020 Association Media & Publishing Excel Awards
- General Excellence (Circulation over 100,000): Silver
- Design Excellence (Circulation over 100,000): Gold
- Feature Article Design (Circulation over 100,000): Silver
- Single-Topic Issue (Circulation over 100,000): Silver