CERIC is a charitable organization that advances education and research in career counselling and career development, in order to increase the economic and social well-being of Canadians.
Through our funding project partnerships and strategic programs we presently reach thousands of individuals across Canada, and globally, each year who are part of the career counselling and development sector.
The organization funds projects to develop innovative resources that build the knowledge and skills of diverse career and employment professionals. CERIC also annually hosts Cannexus, Canada’s largest bilingual career development conference, publishes the country’s only peer-reviewed journal, Canadian Journal of Career Development, and runs the CareerWise / OrientAction websites, providing the top career development news and views.
“From elementary school kids inventing jobs of the future to senior citizens re-entering the
workforce, CERIC’s resources and its people create positive impact for myriad communities across Canada and beyond.”
John Horn, Director, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development Vancity Credit Union, Vancouver, BC
WHY BECOME A CERIC ADVERTISER?
“Having access to career development leaders, current Canadian career development research and literature as well as links to training and education in the profession has been a plus not only to the recognition of the profession but my own career. Greatly appreciated!”
— Elizabeth Solecki, Career & Employment Consultant, Government of Alberta, Calgary, AB
Return on your investment (ROI).
It just makes sense!
- You will achieve long-term brand equity and value
- Easily measure your ROI against your business goals
- Increase your brand loyalty and reinforce your image
- Capture sales leads and increase your sales
- Showcase your products and/or services
- Our proven track record, recognized brands and international recognition makes us the way to reach your audience within the career counselling and development field
- Your best way to connect with a critical mass of career development professionals across Canada
- Career development professionals are important influencers who advise Canadians on education and employment decisions from school through to retirement
- You will help fund research and projects that are focused on providing Canadians with improved access to career education and counselling
- We provide metrics to help you achieve measurable responses to your advertising
IN PRINT AND ONLINE
Careering magazine: The official publication of CERIC, this is Canada’s magazine by and for career development professionals. This full-colour magazine is published two times a year in both print and digital editions. It is circulated to subscribers as well as distributed at conferences and events in the career development field.
National distribution: 12,500+ online and 9,000+ print.
“I really appreciate the pertinent, clear, and concise articles that are offered – free of charge. It provides up-to-date information that I can share with students, friends, colleagues or family. Thank you. Keep up the good work!” — Sandra Costanzo, Academic and Vocational Information Counsellor, English Montreal School Board
CareerWise Weekly Newsletter
CareerWise Weekly is an enewsletter compiling the most interesting news & views in the career development and career counseling field. It is distributed to an email list of over 11,657 opt-in subscribers working in career development on Tuesday mornings. OrientAction en bref, the French counterpart enewsletter, is distributed weekly on Thursdays to a dedicated readership of 3,531+ readers.
“I enjoyed reviewing the articles, blogs and videos that you have so carefully vetted. This has not only added to my knowledge but has provided me with the side benefit of some new career conversations with colleagues and clients.” — Jeanette Hung, Career Counselling Services Co-ordinator, Dalhousie University
Website Display Advertising
Advertising on the CareerWise/OrientAction websites offers several cost-effective opportunities to position your company as a leader in front of an influential group of career development and career counseling professionals. On average, the CareerWise and OrientAction websites receive 17,187 page views per month.
“Thank you! There are some great articles that will help all career service workers understand the challenges of their clients with a fresh perspective.” — Neasa Martin, Neasa Martin & Associates
Audience by Sector
Areas most frequently studied:
- Educational psychology
- Career development
- Organizational behaviour
- Human resources
- Social work
Audience by Profession
- Career Development
- Employment Advisors
- Career & Guidance Counsellors
- Career & Life Coaches
- Career Educators, Trainers &
- Vocational Educators & Trainers
- Job Developers
- Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
- Executive Directors, Managers &
- Human Resource Professionals
- Workforce Planners
- Academics & Students
- Mental Health, Social Services &
Immigrant Services Workers