The FWEA Advantage:
- Over 3,000 domestic and 1,500 industrial wastewater facilities are represented by FWEA.
- The water industry spends over $1 billion every year on products and services nationally.
- Over 7,000 drinking water facilities are represented by FWEA.
- Over 80% of the wastewater industry in Florida is represented by FWEA and its committees.
- The fourth largest population in the U.S. with over 16 million people.
- Our members make up more than 80% of the Florida water industry.
Who We Are
The Florida Water Environment Association began in 1941. We have 9 local chapters, 10 student chapters, 20 committees and the Utility Council to help unite Florida’s water professionals responsible for protecting the environment through education programs, professional development, and policy. We strive to support and unite our members and the public through promoting sound public policy and promoting sound science-based public policy. Together we can achieve a clean and sustainable water environment for Florida’s future generations.
Our members are decision-makers in the Florida water industry with titles like:
- Equipment Operators
- Utility Directors
- And many more!