Reach members of the largest and oldest organization in North America for archives
SAA represents more than 5,900 professional archivists
Archives and records professionals in North America are responsible for an estimated $1.1 billion in buying power
The SAA Advantage:
- SAA is the largest and oldest professional organization
in North America for archives, records and information
- We represent more than 5,900 professional archivists
employed by governments, universities, businesses,
libraries and historical organizations on a national level.
- Archives and records professionals in North America are
responsible for an estimated $1.1 billion in buying power.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1936, the Society of American Archivists is the nation’s oldest professional organization for archives, records and information professionals.
Our mission: SAA is a vital community that promotes the value and diversity of archives and archivists and serves as the preeminent resource for the profession.
In Print and Online!
These are the top products and services our members need and use:
- Software applications
- Digital program development
- Electronic records management
- Preservation and conservation
- Audiovisual preservation and digitization
- Arrangement and description
- Exhibit planning and implementation
- Records management
- Archival appraisal
- Archival program evaluation
- Budgeting and financial planning
- Facilities planning and development
- Many more!